The Crolla family has been producing traditional Italian ice-cream in Glasgow for over a hundred and twenty years.
In 1895 a young Serafino Crolla exchanged the warm sunshine of Italy for the less predictable climates of Scotland, setting up his first shop in Queen Mary Street, Glasgow.
His son, Giuseppe, opened a second shop in Clydebank, and after the first World War he returned to Scotland and opened Premier Cafe in Main Street, Bridgeton. This was followed by expansion into the two adjoining premises.
In the 1950s the family started up an ice cream factory with 30 vans selling their ice cream around the streets of Glasgow. Today the firm still supplies ice cream vans but has expanded to supply shops, cafes, wholesalers, restaurants and hotels.